What are Opportunity Categories?
To add a new category to the 'Categories' field:
- Open up an Opportunity
- Type the new category it into the Category field
- Hit Return after each category
- Hit the Opportunity Save button
Once you save an Opportunity that uses a new Category, it will show up as an option in the drop down to select in the future. You use the 'Categories' field to filter and segment your reports in the Reporting Area.
Categories can be used to group your Opportunities on:
- Which Program or projects this grant is for
- Fiscal year you want the grant award to be grouped with for reporting
- Region or area you want to analyze your grants by
- Flag and report with grants have matching requirements
- Opportunities that are non cash awards, but you want to track for In kind donations
- Consultants can tag each grant opportunity by the client they are related to
- Many other classifications of you want to track and report on...
Here are instructions on how to edit existing categories.